Hartbeespoort Dam Activities
Choose from a variety of activities include hiking the gorge and surrounding mountains on the farm, and mountain biking the trails in the area.
There are numerous golf courses in the area.
Hartbeespoort dam is a prime tourist destination.
We offer the following facilities on the farm:
- Hiking the gorge and surrounding mountains on the farm (free for lodge guests)<
- Bird watching
- We have a small reception that sells and wood and ice.
- Or simply lazing the day away or enjoying sundowners on our amazing sundecks
For the more energetic and adventurous, the Hartbeespoort area offers numerous activities:
- Golf at the various superior courses in the area (Pecanwood Estate, Magalies Park and Brits nearby) – Book directly with the courses.
- Hartbeespoort Aerial Cableway – pay at the ticket office at base of the cableway
- Zip Line cable slide tours 10 kms away (Discount vouchers sometimes available at reception, subject to availability)
- Van Gaalen Cheese Farm – 5kms away in the Skeerpoort Valley
- Cradle Health Spa – 5kms away in the Skeerpoort valley
- Aviators for breakfasts, live music in the garden – 2 kms away
- Strawberry Farm – 6kms away in the Skeerpoort Valley
- Leopard Lodge for lunches with a good view – 8 kms away
- Lion and Safari Park – 15kms away on the Lanseria Road
- Mountain biking – the Hartbeespoort valley provides some of the best mountain biking trails in the Country.
- Most of the big races that start at the Cheese Farm come past the main entrance of the lodge. Or if you are brave you can try ride up our steep hill to the top lodges. The record is 14 times up and down our steep hill. (Or you could just relax and enjoy the weekend like most other guests)
Please enquire with the various suppliers in advance if you wish to book as they are often fully booked during peak periods.